FELN updates this page regularly with information from our members, but job availability changes frequently. Please check with each organization for more information about a particular posting and whether it is still available.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University at Buffalo (Buffalo, NY), posted August 2019
- Director of Tulane Law First Amendment Clinic & Professor of Practice, Tulane University (New Orleans, LA), posted September 2019
- Director of the First Amendment Clinic, University of Georgia (Athens, GA), posted September 2019
- Clinical Instructor, Harvard University Cyberlaw Clinic (Cambridge, MA), posted November 2019
- Transparency in Government Legal Fellow, NPR (Washington, D.C.), posted December 2019
- Clinical Teaching Fellow, Georgetown University Intellectual Property & Information Policy Clinic (Washington, D.C.), posted November 2019
- Abrams Clinical Fellow, Yale University Media Freedom & Information Access Clinic (New Haven, CT), posted November 2019
- Clinical Teaching Fellow, University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA), posted October 2019
- Government Accountability and Press Freedom Clinical Teaching Fellowship/Staff Attorney, University at Buffalo Civil Liberties & Transparency Clinic (Buffalo, NY), posted October 2019
- Multiple one-year and two-year legal fellowships, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Washington, D.C.)
- Deadlines are typically November 1 each year, but positions may be filled earlier.
Internships & Summer Associate Positions
- Summer Associate, Transparency Team at Loevy & Loevy (Chicago, IL), posted November 2019
- Open to second-year law students, as well as from third-year law students who plan to begin clerkships following graduation. The team’s work focuses primarily on state and federal Freedom of Information Act, press freedom, and First Amendment litigation.
- To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, transcript, list of references, and a writing sample to SummerAssociates@loevy.com with the email subject as “Transparency Team Summer Associate Application.” Candidates selected for interviews will be notified on a rolling basis.
- Summer Externship in International Media Law, Thomson Reuters (New York City, NY), posted November 2019