FELN updates this page regularly with information from our members, but job availability changes frequently. Please check with each organization for more information about a particular posting and whether it is still available.
- Senior Staff Attorney, Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University (New York, NY)
- Senior Staff Attorney – Amicus, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Washington, D.C.)
- Faculty Legal Defense Fund Director, Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (Philadelphia, PA, or Washington, D.C.)
- Attorneys/Senior Attorneys (3), Institute for Free Speech (Washington, D.C., or remote)
- Faculty Legal Defense Fund Fellow, Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (Philadelphia, PA, or Washington, D.C.)
- First Amendment Fellow, Institute for Free Speech (Washington, D.C., or remote)
- Positions usually start in August or September, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Multiple one-year and two-year legal fellowships, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Washington, D.C.)
- Deadlines are typically November 1 each year, but positions may be filled earlier.
Internships & Summer Associate Positions
- Summer Legal Intern, UGA First Amendment Clinic (Athens, Ga.), applications received by March 15, 2021, are assured consideration
- Summer Associate Legal Fellowship, Institute for Free Speech (Washington D.C., or remote)
- Open to students who will complete their first or second year in law school by the summer of 2021. Applications are due March 1, 2021.
- Summer fellowship, Yale Law School Media Freedom & Information Access Clinic (remote, or New Haven, CT), applications reviewed on a rolling basis until March 15, 2021
- Legal internships, Center for Investigative Reporting (Emeryville, Calif., though internships can be remote)
- Summer internship, applications accepted on a rolling basis with expectation that it will be filled by March 2021.
- Summer legal internships, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Washington, D.C.)
To submit your job posting, please email it to jmoore at rcfp . org