FELN updates this page regularly with information from our members, but job availability changes frequently. Please check with each organization for more information about a particular posting and whether it is still available.
- Georgia Journalism and Access Project Attorney, University of Georgia First Amendment Clinic (Athens, GA)
- Eminent Scholar, University of Florida College of Journalism and Levin College of Law (Gainesville, FL)
- Staff Attorney, Civil Beat Law Center (Honolulu, HI)
- Clinical Professor of Law, The George Washington University Law School (Washington, DC)
- Hiring for up to two tenure-track or tenured clinical faculty positions. The school is particularly interested in candidates to teach an environmental justice, health law, veterans’ rights, or business transaction clinic.
- Legal Fellow, Washington University School of Law First Amendment Clinic (St. Louis, MO)
- Local News Fellow, Duke First Amendment Clinic (Durham, NC)
- First Amendment Clinic Law Fellow, University of Georgia First Amendment Clinic (Athens, GA)
- Abrams Fellow, The Floyd Abrams Institute for Freedom of Expression at Yale Law School (New Haven, CT)
- First Amendment Fellow, Institute for Free Speech (Washington, D.C., or remote)
- Positions usually start in August or September, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Multiple one-year and two-year legal fellowships, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press (Washington, D.C.)
- Applications are open from July 15 to October 1 for the following year.
Internships & Summer Associate Positions
- Summer Media Law and First Amendment Intern, Dow Jones (New York, NY)
- Summer Fellowship, Yale MFIA Clinic (New Haven, CT)
- Interested applicants should contact Kelsey Eberly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- First Amendment Summer Intern, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting (remote)
- 2023 Summer Legal Interns, Knight First Amendment Institute (New York, NY)
To submit your job posting, please email it to Ian Kalish, ikalish at rcfp . org